If you are just starting your own journey of cooking your own meals, a good thing to take note of is that you will want to have the proper tools in your kitchen to make meal prep so much easier. However, that doesn’t mean that all kitchen gadgets are bang for the buck. It’s quite possible that a bunch of those gadgets is just going to end up on a shelf collecting dust. When it comes to your kitchen, it deserves only the most useful and worthy kitchen gadgets. Here’s a few of them! If you want good value for your kitchen, then this hack is definitely for you.
- Pressure cookers (similar to an Instant Pot) are definitely essentials for every kitchen. As opposed to ordinary slow cookers, a pressure cooker allows you to prepare meals in half the time it would normally take. There’s no excuse not to go for a home-cooked meal even on busy nights because the pressure cooker gets the job done.
- Air fryers are small, concentrated ovens that produce crisp skin-on fries, meats, veggies, and more without the oil of frying food. It’s healthier, and it allows you to prep foods faster than the typical way of cooking.
- No kitchen is complete without a blender. If the big and bulky blenders are not appealing to you, there are smaller ones like Ninja or Nutribullet, or even immersion blenders. These blenders are smaller and easier to manage and can make individual portions, too.
- While a waffle iron is great for waffles, that’s not all they can be used for. You can cook hash browns, omelets, grilled cheese, and even cookies in a waffle iron. A waffle iron is a great multi-purpose tool you’ll use often!
- A wok is a sauté pan that has a rounded bottom and smooth sides. Honestly, a few pots and pans are typically enough for most people. But, if you intend to make stir-fry, sauces, soups, etc., then a wok is what you really need. Their long handles let you hold it over a burner and shake and stir the food inside, heating the ingredients quickly and evenly. It requires practice to use a wok; but, once you’ve got it down, it will be very useful to you.
- If you’re into avocados, then your kitchen will need an avocado slicer. Take it slow when opening and slicing those slippery avocados. Using a knife can sometimes lead to small accidents. An avocado slicer is the safer way not only to open an avocado but to remove the pit and shell and create perfect-sized slices, too.
- A can opener is another basic need for every kitchen, especially if you’re the type to always rely on canned food in your cooking. You want to get one that’s a mix of good quality and affordability because the cheaper can openers will end up costing you more in the long run. They will easily break or fail when you least expect them to. Hence, get a good one that will last you years.
- Every kitchen deserves to have a swivel peeler, too! If you don’t have one yet, you should get one soon. Do you find yourself cooking a lot of potatoes, squash, carrots, or other vegetables? Slice through that vegetable’s thick outer skin with convenience and comfort with a quality peeler in your hand. What a swivel peeler does is it automatically adjusts to your handling angle, making it very easy and efficient to peel whatever it is you’re using it on!
Is the kitchen your primary objective in a home? Don’t forget to ask about it when speaking with our Allston property managers about our available rental homes.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.